What is Youth Social Prescribing?
Designed for 11-18-year-olds, youth social prescribing is a support service offered, by a link worker, as an alternative to clinical medical treatment.
Link workers connect people to community groups and services that meet their emotional and social aspirations. They take a holistic approach to people's health and well-being, giving people time and focusing on "what matters to me".
Social prescribing works for a wide range of people, including:
- People with one or more long-term conditions
- People who need support with their mental health
- People who are lonely or isolated
- People who have complex social needs which affect their well-being
Social Prescribing at Vision 4 Youth
- We offer the service for free, for people aged 11-18 (youth social prescribing)
- We accept referrals from local schools, health practitioners, community groups, and parents (self-referrals are also encouraged)
- We offer 1:1 support for up to 6 weeks