What is Detached Youth Work?
Our Detached Youth Workers meet young people on the streets of Yateley and Darby Green every week, all year round.
Currently, this takes place on Monday and Thursday evenings, including during the school holidays.
The Vision 4 Youth Detached Team, are here to build strong and purposeful relationships with young people in the community.
The Aims of Detached Youth Work
The team work closely with the community to achieve the following:
- Be a positive role model for all young people that they meet
- Act as an informal point of contact for young people
- Be a friendly and welcoming face within the community and someone the young people can trust to talk to
- Maintain a professional relationship with young people, acting as their advocate if needed whilst ensuring appropriate confidentiality and the maintenance of professional boundaries at all times.
- Contribute to the emotional, social and spiritual development of young people
- Empowering young people to find their own direction in life
- Encouraging young people to make a difference in their local community
- Engage in conversations and activities, which encourage young people to engage with and consider personal, social, emotional and spiritual issues, helping them to think about who they are as people and their place in society and the wider world, whilst fostering a sense of community
- Cultivate and develop relationships with other clubs, agencies and affiliations working with youth in the area
- Engage with local community leaders to foster a positive attitude and good relationships with the local community
... And much more!
Get in Touch
If you are a young person in need of support, or an adult who is a concerned member of the community, please contact us and we'll do our best to help, or provide appropriate guidance.